Orange County, CA
Riley Wilderness Prk
Bolsa to River
Huntington to Sunset
Newport to Balboa
Sunset to Balboa
Santiago Truck Trail
Yavapai County, AZ
In The Works
This site looks
Link to us
[Biketrails Home][Bike Trails][Orange County, CA]
Approximately 15 miles of beach front riding can be had from Sunset through Huntington and Newport and Balboa Beach. This easy paved set of rides are great for a Sunday afternoon cruise.
The prevailing winds usually pick up in the afternoon and blow to the east. Be careful when riding toward Newport at first since it is much easier going this way and difficult getting back. If it's windy, try starting out by riding north toward Sunset Beach. The ride back will be a breeze. (Oh man, I'm sorry about that)
Information, Rides and Parks:
|Bolsa Chica Beach to the Santa Ana River||Ride, Easy, Out/back, Road, Distance: 17.0 miles, Gain: 60 feet|
|Huntington Beach to Sunset Beach, back||Ride, Easy, Out/back, Road, Distance: 13.2 miles, Gain: 45 feet|
|Newport Pier to End of Balboa||Ride, Easy, Out/back, Road, Distance: 6.0 miles|
|Sunset to Balboa and back||Ride, Intermediate, Out/back, Road, Distance: 30.4 miles, Gain: 70 feet|
- To get to Newport or Balboa Piers take the 55 South. This turns into Newport Blvd and crosses over Pacific Coast Hwy. About one mile past PCH is Newport Pier on your right. Keep on going down Balboa Blvd approximately two miles to get to Balboa Pier.
To get to Huntington Beach take Beach Blvd (south) off of the 405. About 5.5 miles later make a right on Pacific Coast Hwy. Beach parking is available on the left before you pass the pier. North of the pier, street parking is available on the right.
For parking at Bolsa Chica Beach (near Warner) take Warner Blvd off the 405 (if coming from the south). About 6 miles later you will hit PCH. From the north exit Bolsa Chica from the 405 and head south about 4 miles. Turn right on Warner for one mile before hitting PCH. Turn left on PCH about 1.5 miles on the right is a stop light with the entrance to Bolsa Chica State Beach and parking.
- Bolsa Chica State Beach has 3 miles of parking lot. From Huntington Pier to Goldenwest is street parking (mostly free). Huntington State beach has 4 miles of parking lot. Newport and Balboa have small lots. Summer days makes driving and parking here a hassle.
- Most beach parking is $6.00 per day. Metered parking and street parking are available (with luck)
- Available along the entire beach path.
- Available along the entire beach path
- Special Notes:
- Prevailing winds blow to the East and pick up from 2:00 PM through dusk.
Huntington, Newport, Sunset Beach
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1997 Winter Ware. All RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last updated: Friday, January 03, 1997